balcony is a bi-annual collection of conversations with artists situated in the everyday. Each issue will contain a selection of dialogues as well as visual stories and original artworks. Sidestepping conventions of both art criticism and the artist profile, balcony presents the artist’s voice as its primary source, blurring the boundaries between the art world and the everyday.
The sophomore edition of balcony arrives on newsstands worldwide in March 2022 and will feature ad hoc experiences, original artwork, and unique narratives from a range of international writers, curators, and artists, including:
• A meditation on the idea of home by painter Serena Stevens
• Coffee in Paris with Dennis Cooper, America’s most infamous novelist
• A personal musical history with the emerging art star Lewis Hammond
• An intimate remembrance of Sarah Charlesworth and never-before-seen images from Natural Magic
• The portfolio and un-earthed diaries of Ecuador’s forgotten artist Eduardo Solá Franco
• Sunday morning with Chilean activist and artist Cecilia Vicuña
• Giovanna Silva’s words and images on Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa
• A trip to the movies with Walter Robinson and Chris Dorland
• Three drawings by Mario Navarro
• An excerpt from Jibade-Khalil Huffman’s newest book of poetry
balcony’s second issue continues to engage leading curators, including: Rodolfo Kronfle Chambers, Dennis Cooper, Camila Marambio, and Francesco Tenaglia.
balcony is founded by Vicente Muñoz and Audrey Rose Smith and designed by Ben Fehrman-Lee and Julia Novitch.