- Recent arrivals
- Best sellers
- Rare and special interest
Christopher Wool, Georg Herold and Albert Oehlen
Georg Herold, Albert Oehlen, Christopher WoolBooks
$25.00 Back In Stock
Johanna Maierski and Lieven Lahaye
Some Notes on Book ProductionBooks
$4.00 Recent Arrival
Featured at NYABF
Johanna Maierski, Lieven Lahaye and Anna Bergquist
$9.00 Recent Arrival
Featured at NYABF
Kameelah Janan Rasheed
in the proper direction: forward/also the ache of (perceived) velocityBooks
$5.00 Recent Arrival
Welcome to Printed Matter, Inc.,
the world’s leading non-profit organization
dedicated to the dissemination, understanding
and appreciation of artists’ books...
in the proper direction: forward/also the ache of (perceived) velocity
An installation by Kameelah Janan RasheedOctober 14 - November 25, 2017
And Yet My Mask is Powerful by Basel Abbas and Ruanne Abou-Rahme
Published by Printed MatterOctober 26, 2017
On Words, In Deeds by Jean-Baptiste Farkas
With Jean-Baptiste Farkas and a guest lecturerOctober 27, 2017
- What Printed Matter Does
- Printed Matter circulates over 32,000 publications annually on behalf of artists and small presses through our non-profit store in Chelsea, our online catalog, and other distribution channels.
- PM’s Exhibitions feature works by artists and collectives instrumental in shaping the field of artists' books, as well as emerging artists who engage the medium in exciting new ways.
- PM Fairs operates the world’s two premier events for artists’ books, the NY Art Book Fair and the LA Art Book Fair and attends other fairs worldwide.
- PM Publishing focuses on producing books by emerging artists, socially & politically engaged works, and technically innovative publications.
- PM offers educational services to promote the understanding of artists’ books both in store and at forums worldwide.
- PM hosts over 80 events a year on behalf of book artists including talks, lectures and performances.
- The PM Window Series gives artists a highly visible space to showcase their projects in the heart of Chelsea.
- PM regularly works with artists to create editioned artworks to support our non-profit services for book artists.
- PM maintains one of the world's largest bibliographic records pertaining to artists’ books available online for research purposes.
- PM is available for collector and library consultation services for sourcing titles and building a contemporary collection.
- Collected since 1976, PM's Archive stands as an important record of the development and trajectory of the artists’ book field as it intersects with Printed Matter’s institutional history.
- Miranda July demonstrates "A Poster to be Ripped"