- Recent arrivals
- Best sellers
- Rare and special interest
Statement & Counter-Statement : Notes on Experimental JetsetBooks
$30.00 Recent Arrival
Rivet (Sarah Demeuse & Manuela Moscoso), editors
Daniel Steegmann Magrané : Animal That Doesn't ExistBooks
$32.00 Recent Arrival
Gabriel Sierra (the title of the exhibition changed every hour)Books
$27.00 Recent Arrival
Featured at LAABF
Selections from the Joint Photographic Survey : Ancient Sites in the British Mandate for Palestine and the Emirate of TransjordanBooks
$35.00 Recent Arrival
Karl Beveridge, Ian Burn, Carole Condé, Michael Corris, Preston Heller and Andrew Menard
Red-HerringOut of Print
$100.00 Recent Arrival
Out Of Print
Alice Aycock, Monroe Denton, Edward F. Fry and Stuart Morgan
Projects and Proposals : 1971 - 1978Books
Avalanche, Willoughby Sharp and Liza Béar, editors, Sol LeWitt, Alice Aycock, Stanley Brouwn, Hanne Darboven, Walter De Maria and Lawrence Weiner
Secret Documents Exposed : FBI Plot Against the Black MovementBooks
$40.00 Out Of Print
Welcome to Printed Matter, Inc.,
the world’s leading non-profit organization
dedicated to the dissemination, understanding
and appreciation of artists’ books...
The John Dowd Fan Club
An exhibition of published works and ephemeraApril 21 - May 20, 2017
Delirium and Resistance - book launch and conversation with Gregory Sholette, Kim Charnley, Dipti Desai, Libertad O. Guerra, Nicholas Mirzoeff, and Oliver ResslerMay 5, 2017
- What Printed Matter Does
- Printed Matter circulates over 32,000 publications annually on behalf of artists and small presses through our non-profit store in Chelsea, our online catalog, and other distribution channels.
- PM’s Exhibitions feature works by artists and collectives instrumental in shaping the field of artists' books, as well as emerging artists who engage the medium in exciting new ways.
- PM Fairs operates the world’s two premier events for artists’ books, the NY Art Book Fair and the LA Art Book Fair and attends other fairs worldwide.
- PM Publishing focuses on producing books by emerging artists, socially & politically engaged works, and technically innovative publications.
- PM offers educational services to promote the understanding of artists’ books both in store and at forums worldwide.
- PM hosts over 80 events a year on behalf of book artists including talks, lectures and performances.
- The PM Window Series gives artists a highly visible space to showcase their projects in the heart of Chelsea.
- PM regularly works with artists to create editioned artworks to support our non-profit services for book artists.
- PM maintains one of the world's largest bibliographic records pertaining to artists’ books available online for research purposes.
- PM is available for collector and library consultation services for sourcing titles and building a contemporary collection.
- Collected since 1976, PM's Archive stands as an important record of the development and trajectory of the artists’ book field as it intersects with Printed Matter’s institutional history.
- Miranda July demonstrates "A Poster to be Ripped"